|Simple Stories Album - front cover|
|I really like the combination of cardstock pages and|
page protectors in the Simple Stories albums
|Our city has Snowflake lights decorating|
the downtown area during the holidays. I used some snowflakes that were meant to be ornaments on the page on the left and cut a Hambly snowflake
transparency to size and added it to the left.
|The Hambly snowflake transparency covered a blurry photo on the right that I wanted in the album. Its a motorized Christmas tree in our annual Christmas parade.|
|I added the program for a holiday pops concert we went to. Fits perfectly!|
|I alternated 2 different page protectors throughout the album. On the right I cut to size another Hambly transparency (reindeers). I love how these look in the page protector pockets. (Idea came from Ali Edwards)|
|Added a Christmas card right into the album|
|Cut 4 x 6 photo in half to add to the top 2 pockets.|
I've been working on this album since Thanksgiving on & off. I was able to finish it on Saturday at a Crop. I used Simple Stories Handmade Holidays and 25 Days of Christmas pieces throughout the album along with items from my stash. I have a Christmas basket with all sorts of Christmas embellishments that works really well for me. Things I'll do differently for my next December album include:
- I'll not set the album up ahead of time. This seemed like a real timesaver to me but ended up making me feel like I had to fit a mold that didn't work for the photos I had and stories I wanted to tell. It felt forced.
- I'll definitely gather a variety of supplies and will probably use the Simple Stories album again.
- I'll set up a paper journal to write things down daily. This year I just had a sheet of paper that I wrote notes on each day and then I lost it!
- I'll try to save more memorabilia
- I'm not using a December Daily format. I took Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas and will use that type of approach instead.
- I'll take more photos. I'm not a big picture taker. Probably a throwback to so many years of film photos. I thought I was taking a lot of photos but when it came to pick photos for the album it didn't seem like many.