Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sketchbook Project 2012 - fast shipping!

Here's how it comes in the mail

Giving you an idea of the size

In my last post I told you about the Sketchbook Project.  I placed my order online last Sat. and it arrived yesterday so I thought I would show you a photo of the actual sketchbook that I got (everyone gets the same type but you get to pick your theme).  I measured the book - its only 5 x7!  I wish I had known that last year - I might not have felt so intimidated by the project.  On the back cover there is a label with my name, town, & state along with my theme and a barcode which will be how the book is logged in at the Brooklyn Art Library and for the tour.  The card that came with it has the rules which is nice - then you don't have to refer back to their web page.  It has the submission date, address to mail and some other helpful info.  On there website you can link up with others doing the sketchbook so I think this is going to be a lot of fun and a great way to meet new people!  I'm also hoping next year to visit my oldest son & his wife to make a trip into San Francisco when the sketchbooks are on display there during the tour!!  That'd be cool.  (They are only a little over an hour away from San Francisco.  So we'll see how the creative process  goes!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynn, thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I'm so excited to see your blog. We have a lot in common with our hobby interests. I love love this idea of a travel sketchbook. So glad you had this here with all the info. What theme did you pick out to do? Do you have some ideas for how to start? There are so many themes that sound fun so it will be hard to choose one.
    I did join to do Ali's One Little Word but didn't quite now how to begin and got overwhelmed when I saw how cool everyone's was looking. I didn't realize it would be so crafty. It would still be nice to start on it though. Just recently I've started an art journal and want to do more with painting and sketching. My skills in these dept. is minimum but just knowing it's all about playing with paints and having fun is making me want to do it more.
    I like your projects, ideas, layouts here. So glad we could meet at BPS and share our Project Life together. I love love PL and can't imagine not having it in my life now. Becky better be prepared to do this for the rest of her life, lol.
    You asked on my blog about printing out and saving my posts. I'm going to start because I need to get more of the stories down of my kids and me. So I do plan on writing more stories and saving them. '
    Sorry this was so long, I had a lot to tell you about though. I'll stop by later. Good luck on your sketchbook.

    ReplyDelete