Sunday, May 16, 2010

Gowanda Crop, CKC, Altered Book Class


Yesterday I was at Linda Edington's Gowanda Moose Crop and created this tag holder (the Scrapping Sisters' Make'n Take). I hadn't used the mesh before so that was fun & easy. I don't know if you can see it in the photo or not but crystal Stickles was spread over the entire mesh (& holes) to make the gold mesh pop even more! Linda provides a great crop experience - good food and lots of great prizes throughout the day as well as special items in the Chinese auction. I managed to get several pages done as I had put stuff together so I just had to put pages together - I didn't have to search for stuff. Makes it much easier and I don't end up with tons of stuff out on the table while I'm looking! I'm really happy that I have my supplies and albums so much better organized now. I feel like I'm making progress again! Not to say I don't have a ton left to do but I can literally just sit down and work! I don't have to search for photos and where supplies are. I'm going to try & be good with all future purchases and put them away in the right places. I found that was one of my biggest problems was as I bought things I just put them somewhere but didn't necessarily put them with similar items. Anyways, enough rambling about me. CKC is this coming weekend and I'm starting to feel sad that I'm not going for the weekend as usual. The last few years I have gone up and stayed 2 nights and taken anywheres from 4-7 classes and at least one night crop. Last year I volunteered - I was an assistant at one class and 2 crops earning about $50 in CK products! This year I'm just planning on going up Saturday morning for the Vendor Faire - check out all the new stuff - I have my list of things I'm looking for. Things I haven't found elsewhere but feel the need to have! Then in the afternoon I'm taking an Altered Book class at Buffalo Stamps & Stuff. No classes at CKC this year as I've put that money towards 2 of Tim Holtz's classes in June! If you haven't checked out Buffalo Stamps & Stuff - go to their website (their link is below) and check it out! Sharon, the owner, has several instructors coming in from various places/companies so its a great way to learn directly from them on how to use the products! She also has a large class listing with something for just about everyone. Sign up for her newsletter while you're at site as well as the store's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment